Our group leader, experienced in many branches of electrochemistry. Made his PhD in the field of electrochemical waste neutralization while working in parallel on various surface treatment methods of bioimplant materials.
Some of his reasearch interests are:
- anodic treatments of titanium, titanium alloys and more exotic metals (e.g. Ta, Nb and Zr),
- plasma electrolytic oxidation,
- electrosynthesis of organic compounds,
- corrosion mitigation and bioactivity enhancement of dental and bone implants.
Notably meritorious member of the group, who has been scientifically active since 1960s. At first interested in electrochemical industrial processes, shortly after he transitioned to surface treatments of metals for corrosion protection.
Nowadays his research efforts concentrate on:
- surface modification of magnesium and its alloys,
- pulsed microplasma oxidation,
- conversion coatings.
Professor gained his experience during his many years of professional work at Zakłady Azotowe Kędzierzyn chemical plant. In his main areas of interest lie catalysed chemical processes, however, he has brought up many generation of chemists and electrochemists alike, including our team members.
Once a student of our faculty, Joanna did her Ph.D. at Faculty of Materials Engineering and Metallurgy in Katowice. She have continued her scientific work in Katowice still keeping in touch and collaborating with her colleagues from Electrochemistry Group. In September 2015 she decided to come back to her Alma Mater and to strengthen our ranks with wide knowledge of microbial corrosion and metallic materials science.
Among her research interests one can list:
- hydrogen interactions in metals,
- environmental cracking,
- corrosion diagnosis and failure analysis,
- electrocatalytic studies and biomass valorization processes.
Accomplished and rigorous young researcher focused on galvanic processes leading to improved corrosion protection. His journey with electrochemistry begun under patronage of Profs Simka and Nawrat.
Mostly devoted in:
- cathodic deposition of zinc alloy coatings,
- anodic oxidation of metals and alloys in non-aqueous media,
- electroplating from ionic liquids.
Senior lecturer at Silesian University of Technology. His area of scientific study lies in mathematical modelling of chemical and electrochemical processes. Expert in engineering calculations in MS Excel.
He is the most proficient in:
- mathematical modelling of industrial processes,
- theoretical and applied electrochemistry,
- mathematical methods in engineering design.
Multidisciplinary researcher with experience in both electrochemistry and biology. Her research is concentrated around electrochemical surface treatment of biomaterials. She is working with hybrid coatings composed of materials ranging from ceramics, through metals to polymers.
Her scientific interests are the following:
- plasma electrolytic oxidation of titanium alloys in suspensions,
- biological activity assessment of candidate biomaterials for orthopedic implants,
- electrophoretic deposition of biomolecules,
- sol-gel process.
PhD student dedicated to electrochemical surface treatment of tantalum, niobium and zirconium.
His main areas of interest are in the fields of biomaterials and electrochemical surface characterisation, in particular:
- surface bioactivity enhancement by plasma electrolytic oxidation,
- electrochemical impedance spectroscopy,
- anodic oxidation in AC regime.
This group member has good knowledge of electrodeposition of metals, electrochemical surface engineering and solving technical problems in experimental and industrial systems.
He is especially experienced in:
- platinizing technology,
- silicate-containing coatings on magnesium alloys.
Although not scientifically oriented his input into group’s work is invaluable. He has spent many years improving his skill in machining of many metals and alloys as well as plastics. Most of the home-made experimental apparatus we use in our scientific work is of his design.
Ph.D. D.Sc, Associate Professor
Ph.D. D.Sc, Associate Professor
Ph.D. D.Sc, Full Professor