Our PhD dissertation distinguished in the Progres 3 International Consortium competition
Early this summer one of our group members (Maciej Sowa) has successfully defended his
- Economics, Finance
andManagement (8 dissertations in the 2nd round),
- Raw materials, Energy and the Environment (6 dissertations in the 2nd round),
- Health and Applications in Healthcare (3 dissertations in the 2nd round),
- Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (3 dissertations in the 2nd round),
- Competitive Engineering and Materials Research (7 dissertations in the 2nd round).
In the 1st round, each of the member universities was entitled to file up to 3 dissertations of their choosing in each of the categories to enter the competition. From the theses chosen in the 1st round, the experts elected by VSB-TU Ostrava had selected the best dissertation as well as the 2nd and the 3rd places. The experts based their decision on a number of criteria:
- quality and originality of the dissertation,
- theoretical or practical benefits of the dissertation,
- depth of the analysis examined the problem and the methodology used,
- quality and level of processing of dissertation.
Maciej Sowa was placed in the 3rd position in the Competitive Engineering and Materials Research category, right after an ex